Pop-up display/parameter graphic not working on only 1 display

Smitty1017

Hello,

I recently pushed a new version of a program out to 6 different HMI's which uses parameter files and some pop-up displays. On 5 of the HMI's everything works great. On the 6th, the pop-up displays will not work.

It's worth noting that the 6th display is different, and was just recently installed. I think the only notable difference is that it is a Ser. B, the sales rep said it was compatible with my other screens, of which have been discontinued so I couldn't source an exact replacement.

Everything else not related to a pop-up display / parameter file works perfectly.

It makes me think there is some setting on the terminal itself that isn't correct but I can't think of what that might be. Does anyone have any ideas?

They are all Panelview Plus 7s running Factory Talk ME 9.0 runtimes.

Please provide more details.

What, exactly, does not work? Does the pop-up display not come up? Does it come up but not correctly load parameters?

Are you setting the parameter file to load in a GoTo button for the display, or via a global connection from the PLC?

I haven't had the (dis)pleasure of dealing with Ser B yet myself, but I've heard enough stories I wouldn't want to discard the possibility of an issue there out of hand. I can't offhand think of any terminal settings that would only affect popup displays/parameter files

The pop-up display graphics load, but you get the errors on all the buttons contained within, and a list of errors from the display (item #1 no longer availible, etc)

I am using a GoTo button for the displays.

That's what's strange about it.
Agreed. If you've got it set up correctly (and the fact it works on the others says you do) then there's no good reason I can think of for it not to work here.

Does the underlying Replace display you are calling the pop-up from use a parameter file?

Can you test passing a parameter list?

Yeah, its using a parameter file. I am about to leave for the day but I could test that tomorrow.

I would like to keep all the runtimes as the same file so hopefully it doesn't come to that but it would be interesting to see. Ill respond here with my results tomorrow.

I was really hoping it was something stupid in a setting lol.

Okay, I just got back from looking at it again and I have a few updates which may shed some light on the problem.

I opened one of the pop-ups, and for just a split second I was able to see one of the buttons loaded correctly and then quickly disappeared and went to error.

This is still using the parameter file and not a tag list.

Also, I went to the alarms page and saw that all my dates are 1976, but only on this workstation. All of the other times are correct, and the terminal time itself is also correct. So where could my alarms page be pulling this date from? could these problems be related? The PLC controller is set to use workstation time.