Pop up window in EZ Touch

XtremeIN

Hello all,
I was curious if there is a way to create a "windows" type pop up window and button in EZ Touch. I have been working with it, but not quite working like I want. What I have....when operator presses button A it should activate look up text and a button (button B). Text asked "are you sure" if so press button B. When button B is presses it will shut of a motor. The perpose is to prevent turning off the pump by mistake. I have the look up text working with the correct message. I have button B hiding and apearing. Main issue seems to be with the A button. When I press it and the text and button pop up I press button B but button A stays on..... Hope this gives you enough information to understand what I am trying to do. Thanks for all the help.

Micheal

I don't know about how to make a Popup like you are asking but maybe this will do what you need.

You could check the visibility tag for Button "A",then use the Button "B" tag to let visibility be off for "A" when "B" is on. Then "A" is only on when "B" is off. Is this what you are trying to do? I'm not really sure if this will work, I have no test setup to try it on.

Last edited:
So, when button 'A' is pressed you want button 'B' to pop up with an 'Are You Sure?' question. What do you want the operator to do if they are sure? What do you want the system and the display to then do? How about in the other case, the operator decides not to perform the action, how do they indicate this? They can't push the button. Or are you going to have 2 buttons, 'Continue' and 'Cancel'?

Please detail completely what you want to take place.

List your button 'A' which you have right now:
1. What type is it?
2. What register (internal or PLC) does it affect?
3. How does the button being pressed affect the register?
4. Does this button have a 'visibility' setting? If so what is it based on?

Now list all the same stuff for button 'B'

How do you see these two buttons interacting?

Only with ALL this information can a reasoned analysis be performed.

You can't do pop-up windows with EZ-Touch (which is one reason why I stopped using them)... :(

I'm not sure how you have this set up. There should be TWO buttons for the "Are you sure?" prompt. "Yes" and "No". I would make you A button "Set On" a bit (or better yet, momentary and latched in the PLC program). Use that bit to make the "Are you sure" text, plus the "Yes" and "No" buttons visible, and A invisible like jrwb4gbm suggests. The "Yes" and No" button bits should be momentary. The "Yes" bit will stop the motor AND reset the bit turned on by A, while the "No" bit will ONLY reset the bit turned on by A.

Another, possibly simpler solution, would be to put the "Are you sure" prompt on its own screen, and call that screen when the A button is pressed (with A set to momentary).

🍻

-Eric

Eric Nelson said:
Another, possibly simpler solution, would be to put the "Are you sure" prompt on its own screen, and call that screen when the A button is pressed (with A set to momentary).
-Eric

I agree with Eric on this one. I do this all the time with my Alarm screen. I put my alarms all on one page, then I change screens from the PLC to the alarm screen when an alarm occurs.

Actually, what I do is read the current screen number, store that into a register, then change the screen to the alarm screen when the alarm is active. Then when they press reset, I re-read the screen number I stored, and change the screen back to the page it was on before the alarm occured.

Simply put, changing screens in the EZ-Touch via the PLC, is a really easy way to do what you need, it's worth a shot.

I wrote the PLC part in DL205 in 250CPU e-mail or PM if you want to see my application PLC or EZ-Touch...