Ports 0 and 1 on the SLC 5/05

godfrey

If I connect my computer to port 1 and a panelview to port 0 of the SLC 5/05, can I download to the panelview using Panelbuilder via the port 1/computer connection? If there is documentation describing this can you point me to it?

Here's a great technote that describes exactly the steps to do this:

G17728: SLC-5/05 Ethernet Passthrough DH485 or DF1 PanelView on Channel 0

I learned a long time ago that there's a difference between "communication works through this path" and "PanelBuilder32 can download through this path". The packets in a PanelView download area lot bigger than typical message packets and the transfer utility often lags behind RSLogix or other RSLinx clients in it's ability to use an unsual or complex communication channel.

I like the EtherNet/IP PanelView terminals... they're more powerful and flexible than any of the others, though a little pricier. Plus you don't have to mess with Passthrough.