Positive edge contact

manin

Hello, I wish everyone the best for the new year.

I am working with FATEK and winproladder.
I want to build a project that has 8 DI and 1 DO. At least the part I have the problem.
All input through OR connection trigger the output.
My problem is that through HMI the user must have the opportunity to turn off the output (siren), even if the problem is not solve.
And then if another problem comes up (another DI) output must be enabled again the siren again.
I am trying to manage this with positive edge contacts. In winproladder they are called TU contact.
The point that I don't understand is that a TU contact triggers (for example) a counter, but not an output coil.
Am I missing something?
Thanks in advance :)

If I am understanding your question you are saying that your input that you have set to a positive edge contact will make a counter count up, but will not make an output coil turn on?

Positive edge instructions are momentary. Usually for a single scan. A counter instruction only needs a momentary true signal to count once. But an output coil, depending on what instruction type you are using, may need a maintained instruction to remain true.

It is possible that your output coil is turning on, but only for the duration of a single PLC scan (maybe something along the lines of 1-4 milliseconds).

If you search the forums here, you can usually find good examples of a "toggle" or "flip flop" logic that will make things turn on/off using multiple presses of a single button. If you post some sections of your code in question, people here will help you understand what is happening.

Thank you!!!
Yes you understood what am I saying..
And you solved my problem..
I used (S) in output and worked...Mind stucked...
You are right about search, but there is one problem here...
Sometimes you don't know which words to use for searching :)...

Thanks anyway !!!