Powerflex 525 and Firmware Update

roberto764

I have a Powerfelx 525 drive that I need to change. It is connected to an L33er processor. The old drive has rev 5.001 and the new drive has rev 7.001.

What is the best way to change the firmware to 7.001 in studio 5000? Is this just as simple as reading what firmware the drive has in studio 5000 and change it that way?

Thanks

I have a Powerfelx 525 drive that I need to change. It is connected to an L33er processor. The old drive has rev 5.001 and the new drive has rev 7.001.

What is the best way to change the firmware to 7.001 in studio 5000? Is this just as simple as reading what firmware the drive has in studio 5000 and change it that way?

Thanks

No, you need to flash it using ControlFlash or ControlFlash Plus. Then you need to change your Logix program to match in the way that you described above after you flash it.

No, you need to flash it using ControlFlash or ControlFlash Plus. Then you need to change your Logix program to match in the way that you described above after you flash it.

Is it easier to change the new powerflex to rev 5.001 to match the program? Not even sure that’s possible though. Or keep the new powerflex at 7.001 and change it in the program. The problem is I’m not exactly sure how to change it in the program. Can controlflash change the powerflex firmware in the program?

I tried to use controlflash to change the powerflex from 7.001 to 5.001 but it kept saying that the catalog number didn’t match my device. Even though it did.

Oh I think I misunderstood what you are trying to do. If you are simply wanting to make your program match the drive version, then yes, simply change it in LogixDesigner to match.

What I thought you had going on is a program and drive at v5.0 and you wanted to flash the drive and up the program to v7.0. My reading comprehension is suffering these days.

Oh I think I misunderstood what you are trying to do. If you are simply wanting to make your program match the drive version, then yes, simply change it in LogixDesigner to match.

What I thought you had going on is a program and drive at v5.0 and you wanted to flash the drive and up the program to v7.0. My reading comprehension is suffering these days.

That’s what I thought but I wasn’t sure. It’s been a couple years since I’ve had to change the firmware on a Poweflex.

Thanks for the help.