PowerFlex 525 - Can you write small Macro's in these drives ?

Good Morning ,

I have a machine that I plan on replacing some very old Servo Drives with PowerFlex 525's ( 25B-D2P3N104 ). I would like to have the drive get a start input signal , run just a few forwards and reverses and then give an output saying that it is done. I would like the new drives to mimic the servos that are
in the machine at the moment . It is a very simple application that does not need a servo. The PLC is a SLC 500 .

Thanks in advance. Have a great week.

The answer is "Probably"!

Check out the "Position StepLogic Setup Wizard" or "Velocity StepLogic Setup Wizard" (depending on your application) on a Poerflex 525 drive in Connected Components Workbench. It looks promising.

You can't use 527 with SLC, it needs to be controlled by a motion PLC.

as for the aplication in questions, I would rather do it on the PLC, as the 525 programming abilities are not that big..