Powerflex 525 drive controlled via logix5573

danaus

Hello, I recently replaced a power flex 525 drive which has identical parameters and is controlled via a logix 5573 controller.

I have run into a snag being the drive running the motor is going the wrong direction which is hooked up to a pump.

I have swapped phases around and the motor still continues to run the wrong direction.

Is there a parameter in the drive I can change or does this need to be done via the plc?

I have an engineer who is going to login and change if possible via the plc but if we can't eliminate it via the touch pad that would be a better solution.

Is it controlled over Ethernet also.

Thanks

drive in fwd.jpg

I am not a electrician by trade, but if your pump is going in one direction and you swap 2 of the leads and it is still going in the same direction, I would start by polling the cover of the motor and double tjek that this is facts.

I can't see how this i possible.

If the drive always says FWD on the front and you swap only 2 phases to the motor, then it will run in the opposite direction.

Don't take offence, but you are only swapping 2 of the phases and to the motor and not the drive?

Are you looking at the right motor?

Yes I am looking at the right motor, How do I get the fwd to display Rev

Swapped blue and white around at the motor terminal block

Tried the reverss key it is locked out due to being controlled via plc, paramter 544 doesn't change anything tried that already.

can you inhibit the drive and change the parameter. Is the drive in Stop mode?
There is also a chance that is disabled from the plc logic

Can you go in the drive properties in the plc program and change it from there. What does the parameter A 544 read .??
if it is 0 means reverse enabled
If it is 1 means reverse disabled

Last edited: