Powerflex 525 - PlantPAX

YoungWint

Hi Everybody

I am using a powerflex 525 drive in conjunction with the PlantPAx PLC block.

I have established comms between the device however do not seem to be reading the Drive Status back correctly as I dont seem able to get the Drive Ready bit on? Cannot see any issues with the drive or parameters.

Also does anyone know how you switch to operating the drive through the on-board keypad? This seems to be a mystery! And I thought the ABB drives were complex.

Hi Everybody

I am using a powerflex 525 drive in conjunction with the PlantPAx PLC block.

I have established comms between the device however do not seem to be reading the Drive Status back correctly as I dont seem able to get the Drive Ready bit on? Cannot see any issues with the drive or parameters.

Also does anyone know how you switch to operating the drive through the on-board keypad? This seems to be a mystery! And I thought the ABB drives were complex.

What firmware version of the PF525 are you using?

Starting with version 2.002 the Drive Ready bit only comes on once all "Stop" signals are removed from the drive. So if you are controlling the drive via Ethernet make sure that the VFD:O.Stop signal is not set.

I am not sure if it is the same for the PF525 but in the PF753/755 drives I keep the stop bit active until I see the DriveStatus_AtZeroSpeed bit is on. Then I remove the stop bit.

Same kind of thing on the start. I keep the LogicCommand_Start bit on unit I see the DriveStatus_Running bit. Then I remove the start bit.