PowerFlex 525 Voltage Leak

Dragosvr6

Hello everyone,
I replaced a defective Siemens Micromaster with a PowerFlex 525 Drive. To give you a general idea of the application, the specific drive is used on a stretch wrapper for the film tension, so whenever the operator brings a new pallet to wrap, he pulls the film to apply it to the new pallet. The harder he pulls the film, the faster the motor spins. There is a 0-10V sensor on a dancer roll that is wired into the 0-10v terminals of the powerflex 525 drive for the speed reference. The manufacturer programmed the PLC to have the START always on, drive in RUN mode all the time. Basically the drive is controlled by the analog input from the dancer roll. In the Powerflex 525, I configured the sleep mode, and it works... When in sleep mode, the RUN on the drive display is flashing. The problem is, and here is my question. When in sleep mode, I always get a current output b003 of 0.01A and a voltage output b004 of 16.5v. I configured the min analog in Lo T091, to a higher value, I even disconected physically the analog input, and the drive always outputs a voltage and a low current.. Is that normal?;)

Thank you in advance

This sounds normal to me, now whether or not it's proper or safe is another issue. Taking the analog signal off of it will look the same as 0V, so if it's reading 0.01A and 16.5V at 0V, it doesn't surprise me that it also reads current and voltage with the analog input taken off. I have no idea whether or not this control method is acceptable or safe, as I've never worked on a winder/unwinder or a dancer system, but it doesn't really strike me as the right way to do it.

Wire analog sensor to 12,13,14
Set motor nameplates.
Jumpers 11 to 1 & 2.
Set param 47 to 0-10VDC
48 to DigIn

Mylespetro,
I agree with you that its not the best way to do it. In the same time, I dont want to change the PLC programming, when for years it worked like this. I only imagine the operators complaining that its not working like it used too...