PowerFlex 525

I would go with the 525. They are the new kid. If you look at the comparison chart for they you will see that the 525 does everything the 40 do plus some. Looking at dollars the 40 with comms cards cost more.

I have 4 525's on my bench to replace some 160's in very bad need but in a cramped panel.

I really like them but the software still leaves much to be desired IMHO. I used it at automation fair and it's much bwetter now but sill lots of room for improvement. YMMV

I'm going to use them with a CompactLogix. What software are you referring? Can you use Drive Executive? I think all the parameters can be change via RSLogix 5000 too.

I have 4 525's on my bench to replace some 160's in very bad need but in a cramped panel.

I really like them but the software still leaves much to be desired IMHO. I used it at automation fair and it's much bwetter now but sill lots of room for improvement. YMMV

You should check into the acs355 for those...especially any that are on devicenet. You will save a lot of money and the performance is great, unless you are handcuffed to allen badley.

Plckid dud yiu get the 160 backplane adapters for those 525? Keep tge same wiring as the 160

Software Is way refering to was the CCW software. But yes you can use the AOP / Premier Integration of Drives in logix or Drive exec stand alone or just the HIM.

Is it just me or does anyone else find it a little bit eerie how long the silver series site has been shut down?

yes ive been trying to access it for a few days now, im wanting to find out if the ML 1200 are going into SS as i have a supplier trying to use them.

Im sat awaiting the arrival of two 525's i ordered that should be here this morning.

has anybody tried to install the AOP as everytime i try to install this the module profile setup utility pop up box appears and then another smaller box appear over the top of this with nothing but an ok button, after clicking that or the red X it cancels the install, anybody had this before?

ive attached a pic

on another note the silver series website is now back up and running, i was told that they had migrated there database and this was why the site was down.

525 AOP.JPG

Just commissioned my first PF 525 today Logix platform V20. Found the AOP no problem but had a bit of effort to find EDS. AOP loaded with no problem but took a while. Adding to I/O setup was pretty easy. Did notice that there is no option in config while off-line to “match drive”. I’ve been finding that helpful so kind-of missed it. Any how all worked well and drive in and configured. Will be doing final commission tomorrow hopefully goes as well as setup.

I just installed 2 of them for some blowers. Running all of it via ethernet except a running indicator from the relay. I really like the programming via usb and you even can do it from within logix with the add on profiles installed and if you have V17 or higher. They have been running for about 3 weeks now with now issues. I did have some bus trips from having decel time too low. From what I read about the ethernet modules, is they are for a ring network to link several drives and then the main port is used for programming.

I do have a question about my tags, for example I have Drive1 and Drive2. if I expand them in the tag monitor, i have Drive1:I.DriveStatus Integer. does anyone know how to find out what each bit is?

I do have a question about my tags, for example I have Drive1 and Drive2. if I expand them in the tag monitor, i have Drive1:I.DriveStatus Integer. does anyone know how to find out what each bit is?

From a quick flick through the manual it looks like this is parameter b006.

Bit 0 = Running
Bit 1 = Forward
Bit 2 = Accelerating
Bit 3 = Decelerating
Bit 4 = SafetyActive

Bits 5-7 are not listed.