PowerFlex 527 F/W & Electronic Keying, compatible module

LSPort

Sorry its probably a stupid question.
I have version 1.008 PF527 which going to be replaced with a FW Version 2.001
Unit.
I have version 32 logix 5000.
the electronic keying is selected to Compatible Module, with i be able to just change the PF527 without any issues or will i need to load the relevant FW update into my PC with this project .
Thanks in Advance

The program will *probably* work without installing a new Add-On Profile (AOP) and changing the version number to v2.x in the module configuration in Studio 5000.

I am running something similar now: a Kinetix 5700 v13.x servo drive, but with CompactLogix firmware v32, which only allows me to configure the Kinetix 5700 module configuration for v11, and choose "Compatible Module" keying.

Because you're using a PowerFlex 527 with CIP Safety over Ethernet, it's more complex than ordinary I/O modules. I'm not sure of the exact process to get the new PowerFlex set up with the correct safety network number. Because I'm still commissioning the machine, I've done a lot of program downloads and I assume all the safety settings got resolved during one of those downloads.

I hope your right, I will let you know tomorrow.
In terms of the safety ownership as my project is a working product line.
When I have moved inverters of the same fw version around the safety ownership has been just using the set ownership reset button .
The details are on page 111 of the manual for the drive

Just a quick feedback, the project accepted the higher fw version drive, without much fuss. So happy days
Thanks Ken