Powerflex 755 drive

randheerp

Hi,

In my winding application, when I get an Input from the field(to I/O Card of Drive) I want to change the mode from SPEED Mode to TORQUE Mode or viceversa. How can we do that in Powerflex 755 drive. I can't find a Speed/Torque Selection Parameter in that.

Its Urgent........

I don't think this is possible through a single input to the drive. It would require lots of programming through RSLogix 5000. At least that's how it looks to me. Hope someone else can be more help.

I recommend you get your hands on the PF750 series programming manual. The manual PN is 750-PM001B. The letter at the end may be different as it is a revision level. The diagrams in the appendix will help you determine which parameter(s) you need to modify to get the torque reference you want. I do suspect, however, that you will need to use the built-in DeviceLogix functions to ultimately select the torque reference you want.

At a minimum yopu will need to do some preconfiguration of parameters 675, 679 and 1079. You then need to look into the selection logic that sets parameter 313. Parameter 313 is aht ultimately selects where the torque reference comes from.

Keith

you need to do some datalinks to get the powerflex 755 para into the rslogix5000, if you want to change the control mode of the 755,you need to change the para SpdTrqPsn Mode(A-D)(309-312) by dataliks