Powerflex 755 Fast Jog Speed

archer87

Hi all, I have several machines utilising a PF755 on CIP motion. Occasionally the operator reports the jog speed ramps up rapidly, then the drive faults on overspeed. The drive performs fine in "position loop" mode but when it is in manual and controlled via either position or velocity loop, the above situation arises randomly. I have tried controlling the jog via an incremental MAM instruction with the same result. Gone back to Rockwell and implemented all their recommendations to no avail.

Any recommendation on where else to possibly turn next would be appreciated. Thanks

Maybe swap out the P, I, D with damped parameters then what is used during automatic?
Then when you go out of manual swap the parameters back.

I think its the below parameters that are shown in the manual tune area of the configuration:
System Bandwidth = xxxx
System Damping = xxxx
By adjusting the 2 above manually, can you see what the below changes in bandwidth need to be.

Position loop:
loop bandwidth
integrator bandwidth
Velocity Loop:
loop bandwidth
integrator bandwidth

I think its more parameters than above but i think you get the idea.

Do a manual jog command to move the axis to see what the above need to be so you dont get overshoot?

Or maybe put a max velocity rail value that is lower for jog versus auto?