PowerFlex + EtherNet/IP start up time?

The timeout is two parts

The ConnectionRate
The TimeoutMultiplier

I know together they give you the timeout but can't remember the advantage of adjusting each one.

The ConnectionRate and The are for connected message only

We need unconnected MSG here and need to use UnconnectedTimeout

Not related to this topic, for education only:
Connected MSG uses Unconnected timeout to establish connection (fault 0204),
Once established it will use formula:
timeout = ConnectionRate * (TimeoutMultiplier+1)*4 in microseconds
So defaults 7500000 and 0 will give you 30 seconds timeout for 0203 fault

Contr_Conn said:
The ConnectionRate and The are for connected message only

We need unconnected MSG here and need to use UnconnectedTimeout

Not related to this topic, for education only:
Connected MSG uses Unconnected timeout to establish connection (fault 0204),
Once established it will use formula:
timeout = ConnectionRate * (TimeoutMultiplier+1)*4 in microseconds
So defaults 7500000 and 0 will give you 30 seconds timeout for 0203 fault
Your right, my mistake

Just a progress report:

Using the ideas from TW Controls post (#7), we now have shorter and more consistent communication start (12 - 15 seconds from power applied to the drives until they are able to answer commands and we can start the process.) Thanks all.

I have tried the DeviceWho Ping Idea, and no success. I'm pinging the device with DOS, so I know it is active, but I'm getting an Error Code 16#0001 EX Error Code 16#0000_0205.

Any ideas?????

Ext Error 205 - Unconnected send parameter error is very strange, at least I don't remember if I had it at least once.
What was your target device?
Drive?
May be it does not support devicewho?
I don't have CIP spec at home, but I think this is required attribute.

The target is a 22-COMM-E connected to a PowerFlex 40.
I tried a Device Who, and a CIP Generic targeted to Parameter 29 (which I've used before in other applications) & I get the same error.

If other MSGs don't work, then I guess path is wrong or something simple is missing...

I don't have 22-COMM right now, so I tried with remote ENBT - works witout any problems. It detects connection loss in less than 1 sec after cable disconnected and generates Ext code 16#0204 (516 decimal). Once I put cable erro clears in 3-5 second. I'll try to find drive later on.
who516.jpg

I found PF70 and DeviceWho works witout any problems - using same logic as with ENBT, just chnaged IP address in the MSG path.