Powerflex Firmware Flash

nievesdelimon

Hi, I have been trying to update the firmware on a PowerFlex 755 using ControlFlash plus, however, when I try to initiate the flashing I get a message about "[FONT=&quot] The target device is not in the proper mode to accept an update",
[/FONT]

I have never performed this kind of update before and as such I do not know in which mode is the device supposed to be. So, in which mode should it be and how do I change the device to be in that mode? 🤞🏻
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

If it’s currently “owned” by connection to a PLC, you’ll either need to inhibit the module connection or put the controller in Program mode.

I already put the controller in program mode and still get the same error. Regarding inhibiting the module, even with the controller unlocked and no safety signature, I could not do it.

what if you just disconnected the comms or ethernet cable and tried flashing it thru the usb connector?

That is your last option before you default the drive and try it that way.

Make sure you have the parameters backed up before you try it.

Yes definitly unplug ethernet cable from existing network and plug directy in with your laptop. You may have to change your IP on you PC to connect to the drive, but once you do, control flash should work without a sinch.

You could also try just using regular control flash. I have ran into some small issues with the plus version.

But overall plug in locally with your pc so that the PLC doesn't own it. Then the flash should start with no issues.

Just a side note, you can also flash backwards if you ever needed to. Again, we have occasions where we have to keep a certain firmware, and i have flashed down before, which is really helpful at times.

I hope this helps, and look forward to hearing the result.