PowerFlex700VC Output Current

dondon_alba

Is this a normal phenomenon that the time I give a stop command to my VFD I can see that the “Output Frequency” is Zero, but I still get an ‘Output Current” and at the same time the VFD is also showing “At Speed” displays on the HIM. It will take for about 3 to 4secs before ‘Output Current” goes to “Zero” and the “At Speed” change to “Stopped”. VFD deceleration time is set 5secs.
I am having a PowerFlex700VC drive, 400V, 56A with a 20-CommD adapter. What I understand (maybe I’m wrong) is that when you give a stop command to the VFD after the deceleration time set elapse the VFD will shut down it circuits immediately and goes OFF.
Thanks, hope someone could enlighten me.o_O

Sounds like the drive is set up to either do a DC injection braking stop or maybe a DC hold after stopping. In either case, the frequency will be zero but the amps will be up at some significant value.

Since my VFD is connected through a device net network I found today that the stop command has been delayed by 4secs in other words even if I see that the output frequency is zero, there is no stop command given to the VFD because of the time being set.

It’s my bad, just found it today.

Thanks DickDV. We don’t used the DC injection braking and the DC hold.