Powertools pro and Unidrive ethernet module

irondesk40

I have ordered a control technique undrive sp unit that will have a ez motion module in it and also a ethernet module that was suggested to me to order by a salesman.
I have been able to use powertools pro and connect using the usb to serial cable, but not quite sure how to connect to the drive with the ethernet module using my laptop.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

Do you have the equipment on hand already?

You will want to go to www.emersonct.com and download the manual for the module and read through it.

http://www.controltech.com.tr/Documents/SM%20Options/SM-Ethernet%20issue%205.pdf

Go to chapter 5 "Getting Started"

The modules defaults to 192.168.1.100.

Open an internet browser and try to access the module's web server. That will at least tell you your PC setup is OK.

The default user name is
root

The default password is
ut72

You will need to designate a new user name and password.
Keep very good track of it because it is a pain to get it reset if you lose it.

yes i have the parts but will not have the panel completed for a couple of more days. I have only used powertools pro to connect to a unidrive using the usb to serial cable. Trying to find out enough information so that I can connect with the ethernet after i get everything wired and get ready to turn the power on.