principles of remote connections to plcs

Spending a couple hundred upfront on the switchgear will save you a lot of messing around in the future. If all it takes is a router, I'd say that's a small problem to have.

Last edited:
Ahh yep, I was going to suggest a 3G modem if you got coverage. Depending on which carrier you use, I've found 3G to be fairly reliable. If you need to do some minor monitoring of your network you can always get applications for your Mobile Phone too with 3G. Convenient for when you're on holiday and they want you to troubleshoot something... *Cough*

Similar Topics

In dicussion with my chief he stated 5 layers of programming of plc. Has anybody extended description of this approach: 1) request level 2)...
Replies
Views
Hi, I doing an assignment on PLC's but am finding it hard to locate websites with information, most site are about courses and sales, can you help...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have been facing a issue with SCADAPack 474. Configuration is like below. RTU 474 + 6103 PS + 5606 IO Mix Module + 5414 DI Module Only...
Replies
Views
Hello, Can anyone recommend an expandible IO module with OPC UA? I've deployed the Emerson RSTIO-OM module and it works great, but it has a...
Replies
Views
So I'm pretty new around here but I come looking for advice or suggestions to research. Im the plant electrician/SCADA guy for a warer department...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom