Printing using NS5 Touchscreen

G
How do I print using NS5 Touchscreen. If I am using a list box in my NS screen,is the topmost value in the list the word stored in $W0 or whatever $W? you have chosen????. and the next value the words stored in $W1, $W2 and so forth????. Is there a way I can print this list box????

Please advice.

Thanks

How do I print using NS5 Touchscreen.

The only printing available is a screen dump (WYSIWYG). Whatever is on the screen is what gets printed.

If I am using a list box in my NS screen,is the topmost value in the list the word stored in $W0 or whatever $W? you have chosen????. and the next value the words stored in $W1, $W2 and so forth????.
If $W0 is the first word allocated to the list box, then yes, $W0 holds the top line of the list box. The address of the next line in the list box is dependent on how many characters you set per line. The default is 10 chars per line (2 Chars per Memory address), so $W5-$W9 holds the second line, $W10-$W14 holds the third line, etc.

Thanks for your ever as usual prompt reply. I am so glad that omron users can count on you. So as you quoted in your last reply I should use WYSIWIG which is a screen dump. Can I put a button on the screen and write a macro for that button(if so can you please tell what command)for that particular screen to print.Another doubt I have is to what port should I connect my printer to? The 9 pin Serial B port or the other port(at least 25pins). Please clarify this if you oculd please and I will be very thankful.

Thanks

Jay, Unfortunately my list box did not work. Even when I checked it in the test mode, whatever I wrote in the $W0 was not diplayed where the yellow was highlighted. Even when I downloaded it to the scren I wrote a macro READCMEM($W0,[SerialA:00500],90)at the condition"When diplaying the list". I dont know what I am doing wrong.

Thanks

OK...
Here's the way list box works. When loading the screen where a list box is present, the firmware reads the location for where the data is stored...one time. The data is never updated unless you leave the screen and re-enter the screen.

Therefore, when you highlight the line, your macro runs and $W0-$W89 will hold the data starting at CIO500 in the PLC. But due to the nature of the list box, the data does not appear because it only gets updated when you enter the screen in which the list box appears.

The list box was always intended to be a "picking" mechanism where you pick a particular line from an already established list.

Take heart..there is a solution. Starting with Version 5.0, an update list bit was added. You will find it on the External Control tab of the List Box setup dialog. I would add a line to the macro which sets the bit to update the list.

Here's a little secret for working with macros that need to run continously. Find a location that changes constatly (The PLC Clock is a good example.). Make a numeral display that tracks this location. Use the macro from the list box in this new location and set it to run when the numeral changes. Then hide the numeral display by setting the control flag to No Display. The numeral display should update your list box even though it is hidden.

I still did not get the secret of working with macros(linking it to the PLC clock or something that changes). If you could explain more or give me a link to a manual that would be helpful. In my case I ended up not using the list box and using Table instead. I am using a button(Transfer) to update the values for my macro.

I still have doubt regarding using WYSIWIG. Is there a special printer that I got to buy? Because the communication protocol may be different. What port to use Serial B port or ????

Thanks

I am using a button(Transfer) to update the values for my macro.

You apparently do not understand addressuing in the NS touchscreen. Instead of using a macro to transfer the data from the PLC to the NS, just simply make the address for each numeral in your table the address in the PLC that you want to display.

Instead of usings $W0, address the numeral to SerialA:00500.

I still have doubt regarding using WYSIWIG. Is there a special printer that I got to buy? Because the communication protocol may be different. What port to use Serial B port or ????

The NS5 does not currently support any printing functions.

Yes Jay, When I went home yesterday and was thinking about what I did I realized that there was no need for writing a macro and I could just assign the address of the SerialA:DM500 to the functional object(numerical display). Thanks anyway for pointing that out to me.

I am going to call my omron distributor and see if he is ready to take this back and I will put the extra money and buy the latest version of the NS wherin I can print.

Thanks and sorry.