"Printing" Versa Pro logic

BritOverseas

Hey all,

I have been asked to provide some Before/After documentation by our client for some logic changes that have been made by my company. Trouble is, they would like them in a MS Word document as is their company policy.

My problem here is that unlike LM90, it seems that Versa Pro does NOT give you the option of printing to a file for manipulation after the fact.

I really wouldn't care if it was only a few lines of code but we are talking nearly 1000 rungs here, all of which at present I am going to have to recreate, by hand, in Word.

Please, somebody save me and tell me there is a better way to do it.....

Please, somebody save me and tell me there is a better way to do it.....
Sorry but I do not have a solution.
I suggest that you insist on using .pdf instead of Word, there are many good reasons for this. There are many ways to print to pdf files. If you are unwilling to 'put up a fight' buy one of the many "pdf to word" converters that are available on the net.

RussB said:
Sorry but I do not have a solution.
I suggest that you insist on using .pdf instead of Word, there are many good reasons for this. There are many ways to print to pdf files. If you are unwilling to 'put up a fight' buy one of the many "pdf to word" converters that are available on the net.

Russ, I gotta give you kudos man, but don't you think I haven't tried to persuade them to do it other ways?

You are talking about a government owned oil company here, things don't "Change", they just continue....

After converting to pdf you may be able to use PDF Converter Professional 4 to convert to a .doc file. Don't know what it would make of logic rungs rather than text and pictures but it may be worth a go.

I see RussB beat me to it on the pdf converter program idea!

Bryan

Yeah I am not sure how it would handle it either but I will experiment.

Oh bring back the days when you could just make a .doc file with Logic Monster and play with it to your hearts content.....

I still find it a nightmare to get a decent document from Versapro, for example I can't seem to get 10 rung elements on one row with a text size that's readable.

I assume that since the advent of Proficy ME that GE have no plans to improve the printout situation with Versapro.

We're considering upgrading to Proficy ME; are the printing facilities any better on this than Versapro, anyone?

burnerman said:
I still find it a nightmare to get a decent document from Versapro, for example I can't seem to get 10 rung elements on one row with a text size that's readable.

I assume that since the advent of Proficy ME that GE have no plans to improve the printout situation with Versapro.

We're considering upgrading to Proficy ME; are the printing facilities any better on this than Versapro, anyone?

If I was you, I would fiddle with the properties and make the text size overly large in the VP LD, then it should print out better.

Well,

I suppose I ahve had some success.

Trail goes like this.

Use the PDF995 utility to print to PDF (works flawlessly, thanks), then use the OmniFormat tool to convert to either a .jpg or .bmp, where I can lasoo the rungs I want (if I printed the whole subroutine) and import them into Word.

An absolute ballache but better tha constructing "hand made" Word docs using text.

Tried converting to a .txt file and the actual text comes out fine but it does not handle the instructions at all, will experiment more and see what I came up with...

BritOverseas said:
Russ, I gotta give you kudos man, but don't you think I haven't tried to persuade them to do it other ways?

You are talking about a government owned oil company here, things don't "Change", they just continue....

A government owned oil company in texas?