Pro Set 700

DannyD303

I have a Pro Set 700 HMI that died. I have , what I believe to be, is a full backup of the hard drive that I'm trying to run off a MS DOS VM.

Has anyone attempted this before?

We have a replacement HMI and after a bunch of trial and error we were able to get it 90%+ working but there are a few pages that are still missing. I'm trying to work on it through the VM to avoid the consistent downloading and deleting of 3.5" floppy disks..

Anyone who is familiar with these please chime in.

Thank you!

I've taken DOS images and run them in VMs with various software packages.

I'm puzzled by the fact that "a few pages are still missing" if you took an image of the full backup of the hard disk. I haven't used Pro Set 700 specifically, but have experience in a wide range of common and obscure HMI software.

Since I use Virtualbox, my way of restoring a hard drive image is to create a new .vhd (virtual hard disk) in Windows, and restore to that, then create a VM, attach the .vhd file, and boot it up. For images with Windows operating systems, I usually have to run a repair because essentially you are changing the hardware (a VM is seen as different hardware than the real computer), but this shouldn't be an issue with DOS.

Proset 700 painfully Obsolete

We assume the failed Proset700 HNI on your Injection Molding Machine is coupled to a PLC 5 / 1771 IO based control system with a 1771-QDC Injection/Clamp Control module.

All of the above is long gone obsolete products with no real support.

If your Injection Molding Machine is simple and small tonnage (less than 500 tons), I would bet that a replacement machine is more cost effective to sustain your companies profit margin.

If your IMM is large tonnage, and/or has custom programming to fill a niche product, a controls upgrade is your best path. You need a 2021 controls solution. A CompactLogix will operate the majority of you machine.

You will also need a Closed-Loop Injection Control Module. See Bosch-Rexroth HACD or Delta RMC.

You can do the entire retrofit in-house internally if your team is qualified, or you can solicit quotes for IMM controls retrofit from various systems integrators.

I would discontinue the pursuit of throwing 2021 monies at 1990 dead-end obsolete control systems.

(In my humble opinion)

Regards,

Plastic