Problem: 90-30 Series CPU374 EOK light blinking

klck

Hi all,

I am having problem with my CPU374 where the EOK light keeps blinking slowly, with the LAN and STAT light is off.

For the Power Supply, only the PWR light is on, while OK and RUN is off.

I am currently unable to communicate with the CPU with ethernet nor using SNP cable. Even the firmware update failed.

This is the 2nd unit of CPU374 which have the same problem. Not sure what caused this.

I have tested another unit of CPU374 on the same power supply and backplane and it works fine. So the problem is with the CPU itself.

Have anyone came across the same problem before and came out with a solution?

Thanks a lot. Hope to hear from all of you soon.

Have not seen a problem with these that a new firmware would not fix.
What is the status of the LEDs on the power supply at this time?
What firmware version is in these units?
Is the unit and chassis grounded to the specs in the manual?

Hi,

For the power supply, only the PWR light is on, while OK and RUN is off.

I'm not sure what firmware is in the unit. I am just unable to connect to the CPU374 with ethernet nor SNP cable, so I couldn't update it to the new firmware.

Yup it is grounded. Thanks for the help. Appreciate it.

With the "OK" LED on the power supply "OFF" the CPU will need to be replaced or repaired.
This indicates that the CPU did not pass the POST.

Hi all,

I am having problem with my CPU374 where the EOK light keeps blinking slowly, with the LAN and STAT light is off.

For the Power Supply, only the PWR light is on, while OK and RUN is off.

I am currently unable to communicate with the CPU with ethernet nor using SNP cable. Even the firmware update failed.

This is the 2nd unit of CPU374 which have the same problem. Not sure what caused this.

I have tested another unit of CPU374 on the same power supply and backplane and it works fine. So the problem is with the CPU itself.

Have anyone came across the same problem before and came out with a solution?

Thanks a lot. Hope to hear from all of you soon.
I suspect that you have some interference getting into the CPU. Either through the 'ground', the back-plane or RF.
* Did you lose these during or right after an electrical storm?
* Review the proper grounding for the whole system, verify that you do NOT have voltage potential between grounding points.
* Are there large motors and or VFDs near by.
* Do all of the relay outputs that control inductive devices have proper filtering?
* Do you have good "clean" power supplying the system?