Problem After download prog to SLC 5/04

soorena_58

Hello everyone
I have a plc slc5/04 and I simply connected to pc and downloaded the prog. to that but after download I can't connect(auto configure) to the plc again.
Could anyone please help me.
it's urgent.
Thank you in advance.

Because that communication configuration will be changed.. that should be reset if you want to re-communicate again..
I think its a DF1 protocol.. if you are changed to other protocl and downloaded to plc then this problem arises..
For the some reset option is available i think inside the plc you have a short in ic pins.. which ic i could not rememeber

AB Comm's

Check your program you downloaded. The communication ports have changed to a different protocol. For example, if you were using DF1 and had DH485 setup in the program, then after downloading, you now have to use DH485 to communicate. You would lose your 'good' communications immediately after download. Of course, if this doesn't help, revert to reseting the PLC and try again......

How should I connect by using DH485?
(I have got the 1747-cp3 cable)
You should not.
Check the settings for Channel 0 in your offline RSLogix project. If set to DH485, it is clearly a mistake. In that case set Ch0 to DF1, reset PLC memory (Battery out + short Vbb-Gnd), autoconfigure, download - and you should be good to go.