Problem in RS Network in Allen Bradely

Dear Friends,
Myself Abhishek Desai and i have one query reagrding RS Logix 5000. As i am working with Festo, i got on display 79 no. insted of 80. That seems to be problem with the RS Network. Now, the problem is Scanner 1769 is not able to read the my device. I check with everything , cable, proper baud rate and infact i install also once agian RS Network software.

But still the scanner is not detecting device. Before it was working but i want to check one product with my programme and this is happened.

It seems to be duplication the Node address in RS Network but still not sure or may be overwriting of node address.Now, in RS Network even its not permite me to change the Node no.

In my programme, not signle programme is running and even i cant access any variables in Online mode. While before it was running perfectly. I have not seen any problem before with any plc.

Please need help.

Thanks in advance.

best regards,
dream chaser

Hi Abhi,

Do you have all the EDS files from Festo, you have to add the necessary EDS files to RSLinx and RSNetwork softwares.

Then,

1. Set the node numbers and other parameters such as speed etc. - by setting the dip switches on the festo nodes. This will give them each a specific address and common network speed
  2. Open RSLinx and go online - You can browse thru your Ctrl Logix cpu\Devicenet scanner\ to see whether you can see all your devices or not. If not trouble shoot your wiring/setting.
  3. If your hardwares are detected properly and the node numbers are shown correctly in RSLinks - from the Scanner properties run RSNetworks and double click the processor
  4. Set the Scanner slot number
  5. Create a Scan list by adding your devices to the list. When you add your devices, the automap may not be the desired location you want it to be mapped. So do I/O mapping to your preferred locations.
  6. Download the scanlist to the Scanner.
Written above are the general guidelines based on my memory. Please try.

I remember the words occupied by each festo modules are different, so it could be tricky at times. Should approach Festo for support.

Good Luck