Problem using faceplate for panelview HMI in factorytalk studio.

plc_student77

Hi guys. I am a pretty newly graduated engineer and I am working on some HMI stuff using FactoryTalk Studio. I have a couple of questions.

I have my faceplate imported as a global object and parameters imported, and it works fine. But the graphic is too large. I'm using a panelview 1250 and the display that pops up is too big and doesn't fit on the screen. when I am editting I can't just click and drag the corner. Under project settings I already have my screen size set for a panelview 1250. How do I adjust the size of my faceplate?

I am using a faceplate for a balluff BNI004A IO link master if that is of any help.

Also, I added the faceplate .ggfx file to my graphics list (as per the instructions that came with the faceplate) and I can link to that display but it just pops up the faceplate over top whatever the current screen is. How do I use the faceplate on an existing display? I have another display some one else made that has the faceplate on it, but I can't figure out how they got the faceplate onto that display screen.

thanks for any help. Let me know if I wasn't clear or if you have questions about what I am trying to do.

Drag the faceplate from the Global Object display onto your display. Or copy and paste.

Before you do so, right-click on the object in the Global Object display window and look for an option that says Global Object Settings. I think that is the wording. Not parameters, but settings. Its one of the choices near the bottom. There is a setting in there called LinkSize. If that is set to true you will not be able to modify the size of the reference object. You would have to modify the base which would change it everywhere. Set to false and then copy and paste and each object can be sized independently.

OG