Problem when installing FactoryTalk View on Windows 7

leoxdragon

Hi everyone
I am trying to install Rockwell automation software on my computer, which is curently running MS Windows 7 32 bit. Surprisingly, I am able to install most of them, including RSView32 7.1, RSlinx 2.5 and RSlogix500. However, it is not successful when I try with FactoryTalk View 5.00 SE. It stopped running after warned me that I must have Microsoft .NET 2.0 installed before on my computer. I think it sounds quite stupid because .NET 2.0 is already a part of my system (Windows 7)
I also download a seperate version of .NET framework 2.0 to run again, but I can't because the system does not allow me to install a part which it already contains.

How could I do to successfully install this software on my PC? pls help me
Thanks

Leo

We are getting off topic. Let's remember what the original issue was here. Microsoft .Net 2.0 is a requirement for FT View version 5.00.

Version 5.00 was not aware of Vista much less Win 7. Prior to those O/S the .Net 2.0 framework was a separate installation as it was not built-in to Windows XP or 2003. So FTView installation checks to see if .Net 2.0 has been installed. It does not see it as a separate install so it fails.

Version 5.1 supported Vista 32-bit so getting it to run on Windows 7 shouldn't be a problem. The way it checks for .Net 2.0 compatibility is different. Now it can look at the O/S and if it sees Vista then it knows .Net 2.0 is installed.

Install 5.1 or better yet, version 6.0 should be out very soon and that officially supports Win7.

Here is a Tech Note from Rockwell that may help you out though.

http://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/47042

OG

Last edited:
if you have windwos 7 pro or higher you can down load a free windows XP emulator from microsoft that i have had no issues with running any software that ran on my old windows XP machine. automation or other wise

:p