Problem while installing Tia portal v15 heeeeelllllllppppp

TIA is not released for Windows 10 Home edition.
I cannot say if that directly stops you from installing.
But I suggest try another PC with Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise.
Maybe run a Windows 7 VM. It sucks when you don't have a computer ready for the project.

Okey
But i just wanna try one more thing
Please focus with me
What i wanna to is strart the installation from the start ( configuration etc )
But what i get After excuting setup for Tia portal is the Windows in the description, and the the installation starts ( and it stops asking for restart)
What i want is like to reset this whole thing
And start the installation from the first , i Hope u get what i mean
https://postimg.cc/phnTNctW

Check if there is direct setup or exe file, not this install. Some software packages allow you to install single software, not the whole package.

It could be a compatibility issue.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ndows-10-783d6dd7-b439-bdb0-0490-54eea0f45938

I Guess i'm just going to format my computer
I have a pro version of win 10
U think That will solve my problem?

Why do you want to format you computer. You can reset it if you need to.
Try install it on other computer. If you think it is your computer.
You can also create a VM and try it there. Create a VM is way faster than format you computer. You can even create different windows versions.

How should i reset it?
Without deleting my files?
He just said that Tia portal can't be installed in home version ?
What do u suggest as a solution
I'm out of ideas i'm so tired i've been searching for a solution for 2 days

He just said that Tia portal can't be installed in home version ?
I only said that Siemens has released it for Pro or Enterprise. If it directly blocks you from installing or it causes the restarting behaviour that you are seeing, I dont know.

1. I do believe that you will run into some kind of problems of you manage to install TIA on a Windows Home.

2. I think that something has gone wrong with the installation sequence, causing the behaviour. But if the previous suggestions doesnt work, then there is only the full Windows reinstall left.

So because of 1 and 2, I suggest that you start all over on a fresh Windows Pro PC.
Also, create a restore point, or create an image of the PC before installing TIA.

I only said that Siemens has released it for Pro or Enterprise. If it directly blocks you from installing or it causes the restarting behaviour that you are seeing, I dont know.

1. I do believe that you will run into some kind of problems of you manage to install TIA on a Windows Home.

2. I think that something has gone wrong with the installation sequence, causing the behaviour. But if the previous suggestions doesnt work, then there is only the full Windows reinstall left.

So because of 1 and 2, I suggest that you start all over on a fresh Windows Pro PC.
Also, create a restore point, or create an image of the PC before installing TIA.

I think vm is get best way to test software out. Windows 11 is free for download. You can even download windows 11 based on your pc, or download the general one. I have installed windows 11 on a VM.
It was few month backs, I don't know if it is still free now.

Poor guy, I thought he got it working already.
If BryanG has it working on home edition, then it is your computer.
After you re-install or reset or use a new computer or a VM, don't install other things, just install it right away. If it work then create a restore point, and update your windows. Better get on with the real work. It is frustrating to waste time on other issues.

I think he said he tried the link already
The one he said he tried was about deleting a registry entry, this is about uninstalling SQL. Maybe one of the lifers here could download and upload the information from Siemens, they are allowed to upload bigger files.

Another person on the Siemens site mentioned that they had to uninstall one particular antivirus program.

Last edited: