Problem with communicating TP170A to PLC

imanh

I have a TP170A panel. I want to connect it to PLc via PROFIBUS. I use wincc flexible 2007 and STEP7 5.2. Meanwhile installation of WinCC fl. , it prompted that because of STEP7 version, integration of wincc and step7 is impossible. so I continued installation without integration.
So, what should I do now to communicate the panel? it works properly when I connect it via MPI and PC adapter.
'
Thanks.

Hello Imanh.

In WinCC Flexible, simply specify the connection details manually.
Remember to set slot=2 and rack=0.

It is not so big a disadavantage to not have the project integration when you use MPI. Most important is that you dont get the symbols from the S7 project.

Thanks. I successfully connected the HMI bus there a Bus Fail in CPU.(and also SF).
Despite of these errors, HMI works correctly and recieves data from PLC!
I don't know what is th eproblem.

You should investigate the diagnostics buffer and/or the Hardware diagnostics.
I think it is unlikely that the BF and SF it is related to the TP170A on MPI.
What CPU is it ?
How are the ports configured ?

I use a CPU 315-2DP . CPU address is 2, slot 2 and rack 0. I've configured HMI profibus address on 1,3,15! It doesn't differ. Baudrates are equal(187.5 K). I've added an HMI object on profibus line in HWConfiguration. It's order number applies to TP170A.
But there is a question here. For addressing in HWconf, there are several models: tiny,small,middle ,big and also Universal mode. I've tested two of them(tiny and small) but nothing changed. What are these modes?

Hi again.

No you should not add a TP170A in the Profibus HW Config of the 315-2DP. This is only if the TP170A is to use direct keys in Profibus slave mode. You dont want to do it this way.

In stead, by doing as I suggested first, the TP170A is setup as a Profibus master, and exchanges data with the 315-2DP by polling and transferring. This is the normal way.

Since you are using Profibus, and you have several panels non-integrated, it is important that the Profibus Bus Parameters gets adapted to the panels manually.
Open the Properties of the Profibus network in the HW Config of the 315-2DP or in NetPro. Then Set the Bus Profile to User Defined, click on the Options Button, in the dialog that appears select the Network Stations tab. In this dialog activate the Include Network Stations below, and increase the number of DP Masters in the network to include all TP170A panels.

If this does not make the BF go away, then post all relevant entries in the diagnostics buffer.

Thanks again.
I will check what you said here but I don't want to use several TP's. I have only one TP170 and I want to connect it to PLC. I changed it address on profibus , but nothing changed. There is still SF and BF flashing.

You should not have to add the panel anywhere in the hardware configuration.

If you are trying to attach it to Profibus, make sure the hardware configuration of the Step 7 project has a Profibus network defined. You will have to define it, but you will not have to connect anything to it (assuming you've only got one PLC and one HMI panel). The speed of the Profibus network should probably be 1.5MBps. The 187.5kbps makes me think maybe you're trying to put it on MPI?

On the panel, use the Transfer Settings to setup the Profibus node address, speed (the same one you put in the hardware configuration),...

Connect a cable between the PLC's Profibus port and the port on the HMI panel and you should be ready to go.

If you can connect your PC to the Profibus port also then you can use accessible nodes to verify that the HMI panel can be "seen" on the network.

You may have to initiate a transfer at the HMI panel for it to be seen even if you selected the remote control option for the channel on the panel. I've had some MP277's that you could not see on the network until you hit the transfer button.

Questions:
Is it just one PLC and one panel?

Why does it have to be on Profibus? Can you put it on MPI?

I would normally recommend you get it working with MPI first, then switch it over to Profibus if you have to.

Thanks for answer.
Yes. I have one TP170A and a 315-2DP CPU. Profibus is defined in STEP7. We used MPI for connecting PC for programming. Because the PLC is for training purposes(I am working in PLC Lab), we can not use MPI for the HMI.
I decreased the speed of profibus in STEP7 to 187.5Kbps.
I've tried using TP without adding anything to profibus in HWconf. There are errors like these :"disconnected from PLC" and "Can not write on PLC".
By adding the HMI module in profibus line, the connection establishes and data trasnfer becomes possible but the SF and BF problem starts!

You wrote "CPU address is 2, slot 2 and rack 0". OK, that is the standard.
And you wrote "I've configured HMI profibus address on 1,3,15!". I thought you meant you have several HMI panels. Just leave it at 1 which is the standard for a HMI panel.

What are all the PLC connection settings in the TP170A project ?
(post a screenshot)

Maybe the firmware version of the TP170A is not recent and is not supported by Wincc flexible 2007!!!
For long time, my applicattions was developed in Protool v6.0 for TP170A.

Are you using profibus connectors?
Check if both connectors have their swithches in ON condition.
I checked the Profibus connectors.. There is no any "switch" on them.

Maybe the firmware version of the TP170A is not recent and is not supported by Wincc flexible 2007!!!
For long time, my applicattions was developed in Protool v6.0 for TP170A.
I've updated the WinCE version to 7.2 with winCC itself.

Those can't be proper Siemens connectors then. There is supposed to be a switch that switches a termination resistance into the connector. They are supposed to be turned on at both ends of a segment.