problem with upload/download

jiten84

hi guys,

i am vey new to plc programming and i tried to download plc program from rslogix to ab control logix 5561 through ethernet cable. but when i go to communication> who active no plc appear there...

i have installed Rslinx after RSlogix5k may be the problem?

Sounds to me like you don't have the communication drivers setup in Linx. This has to be done (and done correctly) before you will see the processor.

thanks,
i think i din't setup drives in linx. can you tell me how to setup drivers in linx if i am connecting through ethernet cable.

thanks in advance

Firstly - your PC and the Ethernet comms module must be in the same subnet.

You will need basic IP addressing knowledge to know this.

Secondly - Set your RSLinx driver up to browse the local subnet, and it should appear in RSWho.

Thirdly - If it shows as a "module", then you don't have the correct EDS file installed for the module

the boottp utility that comes with the RS linx can help find the subnet and IP if you do not know it on the processor there is a MAC address use the utility enter the MAC and it should tell you what the IP and subnet is. Keep in mind this will only work if the processor ethernet card is set to allow the boottp. The other way to find it is to connect via the 1757-cp3 cable. Daba mentions a critical step. You must configure your laptop network adaptor to the same subnet and a similar IP address
for example controller IP 192.168.11.100
set the laptop IP to the same but one off 192.168.11.101 for example usually as long as the first set of three are the same then the last 3 addresses doesn't matter as much.

What ethernet comms module are you using ? ENET, ENBT, or EN2T

there is the actual situation

i have copy of original programe. i made some changes to it according to requirements.

now ENET ip is 192.168.250.100 and subnet is 255.255.255.0
i configure my laptop 192.168.250.104 and same mask

there is project path is AB_ETHIP-1\192.168.250.100\Backplane\0
when i configure linx is comes AB_ETHIP-1\192.168.250.104

so, i am confused what is wrong with this procedure?

Last edited: