problems with multiple usage of outputs

rejoe.koshy

hey,
I used the same output tag for two different rungs in the same routine & realised the output failed to energise.I have also tried using the same output tag in different routines but the it caused hunting in the output.What could be the cause?

Double Coil Syndrome

I don't know what PLC/Software platform you are using, but do a search for "Double Coil Syndrome" here on the Forum and see what it throws up, good luck!

Regards,
George

Only use a physical output one time in a program. Simple.
The same output being driven by different logic will take the state of the last scanned rung in synchronous I/O PLC's, and can be in the state of the logic for any rung in asynchronous I/O PLC's.

rejoe.koshy said:
I am using RSLOGIX 5000 programming environment

Ok, but..."Double Coil Syndrome"...did you do the search?

There is plenty of material on this topic here on the Forum already.

It is a fundamental lesson to learn.

p.s. do you understand rdrast's brief explanation above?

G.

Last edited:
Using more than one instance of the same output is just plain bad programming practice.

Get rid of the 2nd one and modify the single rung so the OTE operates as necessary.