Product Service Advisory RS Logix 5000

I wish they would test these releases properly before they ship them :mad:

I got another one about Logix5000 16.0 for something different.
Its only been out a month or so!
I guess the usual method nowadays is 'send it out and let the users find the bugs'.

Actually this rev was in beta for about a year or two. It seemed to take forever for it to be released. I guess when it was used in the real world problems surfaced. Thats why I alwas hold off on jumping to the next rev.

Listen, Think, Solve

SLC_Integrator said:
I wish they would test these releases properly before they ship them :mad:

I got another one about Logix5000 16.0 for something different.
Its only been out a month or so!
I guess the usual method nowadays is 'send it out and let the users find the bugs'.
Test it on your own time and then report back to Rockwell so they can release the "working" rev!!
What a joy!

I doubt that the problem will affect anyone here. How may of you are using Emulate or Softlogix?
Regards Alan Case

Ver 8!!!
There have been so many ehhancements since 8 that make life so much easier, plus how do you connect to all the new equipment that is not supported under ver 8.
Regards Alan

bkottaras said:
Test it on your own time and then report back to Rockwell so they can release the "working" rev!!
What a joy!

Best part is, if you bought Ver16, but did not buy the support, you are not entitled to goto the website for the eventual fix

Alan Case said:
Ver 8!!!
There have been so many ehhancements since 8 that make life so much easier, plus how do you connect to all the new equipment that is not supported under ver 8.
Regards Alan

Hi Alan,

Read the bottom of my post... see the 'just kidding' :D