Proface HMI touch screen

mackoy1973

I have a Proface HMI touch screen display model GP-4501TW. My problem is on the screen retention when the network communication via TCP is cut.

I cannot manage to retain the object with animation. This animation is linked to the address of the PLC function block thru our Logic designer. All functions are working, I can monitor the values and status change during the off/on state.

My only issue is the retention of the animated object when network is offline. It does not retain the animated object on the touch screen, more worst the static drawings like lines and circles are affected on this same screen.

Any tips on how to go about this?

Hope someone can advise.

Have not done this but what I would try is to write a script internal on the HMI so when you lose comm the script will hold values in the registers needed for the basic animation.

You could write the entire animation to run on internal registers of the Pro Face then populate these registers with the PLC data as well.