profibus encoder communication

sanath216

hi to all

please help how to cfommunicate s7-300 cpu to elco profibus encoder, also show me the sample program using any profibus encoder

thanks for all

I doubt anybody will do this for you. I will try and point you in the right direction but you will need to do some of your own research.

You will need to get the GSD file for the encoder. And then configure your communication in the Step 7 Hardware configuration section. I suggest first trying to understand the profibus methodology with the Siemens devices.

You will need to understand also the configuration of the data structure defined within the GSD..

Hope this helps

R

Similar Topics

Hi, Can anyone recommend a good profibus encoder that can read the speed of a shaft? I'll be using it on a S7-300. Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, I want to know how i write a program in S7 300 plc of absulate encoder profibus dp 32 bit.
Replies
Views
Hello all, We have a MM440 and 2 limit switches and one rotate encoder. And the MM440 is on profibus-dp. The encoder will tell the position so...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have been asked to look at encoder options on a S7-300 plc system. Im looking at putting in a Sick-Stegman encoder (ATM60-P4H13X13) with a...
Replies
Views
I am thinking of using profibus to control 6 drives and an encoder. Do you think there will be speed / comm's issues? The encoder will be opening...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom