Profibus in Step 7 with Ladder

scimdarren

Hi

I have some basic functions to perform with a Micromaster 420 (PPO3) via a Step 7 program.

I have configured Profibus DP in the HW Config, but after reading the manuals, the method of controlling the VFD in Step7 has still not sunk in.
I would really appreciate some advice or an example of the best practise on 'PZD data handling' in a program.

(Refer to ladder please as my understanding of STL is poor)

Darren

Ok some great leads guys, thanks
It looks as if 'mitar' was in the same predicament as me in that I grasp the PZD concept but cannot implement it.

I think in ladder, not stl. This is what I think I should do:

1) I create a function (FC) for each VFD and its sequence.

2) If I need to control one bit only in controlword1 (eg set ready to run state), I can address it with my own status bits using ladder logic.

3) If I need to increase the frequency I MOVE a constant (my setpoint)to the Control Word2

Am I on the right track?

Darren