profibus master

thank you dariusch i only wish you wore here few hours ago then i dodn't search for that A1sJH
you als confirm my expectations bout that Q0J
i thgank you for your info and hope you help me further if i get stuck again

regards walters

No problem, Walters.

We are here to help each other.
I also have got a lot of help to from this forum, so I am glad to help.

Also I will try to find some info on the master modul for you to.

The Q0J seems to be the Q equivalent of the A1sJ. This would probably be the most cost effective solution.

are they still available to order or dont they make those anymore? because i was told FX has no master module(n)

Hi Walters.

I am not sure if they are in stock any more, but the manual is from 2001.

But I have been told that the System Q will be a replacement for the FX-series.

If they tell you they are not in stock I would go for the System Q.
You can get the card QJ1PB92D for about 500 euro.
Also you are sure of getting support for this product as it is a newer system and will not be fased out for some while.

If you buy a Q00J with the DP-master modul, It would be cheaper than the FX2 system. At least it will be here in DK.

just spoke to our main supplier and he told me that that the master module is taken out of production so that is a real bummer

but according to the article link i posted earlier i can use any Q-serie PLC write??
(just to be sure we won't purchase a PLC that we can't use)

regards walters and thanks again for the good replies

The QJ71PB92D can be used for all System Q CPU's.

I think the Q00J would be a right choice for you for the amount of I/O. 40I/32O.
Also it is really cheap

Dariusch

Also If you have not used the System Q before, you need the programming cable "QC30R2" Art. No. 128424

Dariusch

thanks dariusch i think im gonna neeed that one also because i dont think im gonna get the PLC programmed by talking to it:teacher:

would be a nice invention by the way (y)

regards walters

to be clear:

so youre advise is get a Q00J CPU with QJ71PB92D mastermodule. to
be master of my FX-plcand slave?

i have to configure this all with GX configurator DP

and for programming i need a QC30R2 cable

If you are planning of doing some lot of code or planning of expanding your system, I rather advise you to use the Q00(Not Q00J) or Q01 or Q02.

But if you are not planning of doing some expaning in the future I would use the Q00J.

If the Q00J system you will need following for configuration.

1. Q00J CPU (this is including a powersuply and a 5 slot base = can not be separeted)
2. QJ71PB92D (This is the master and all of your FX will be slave)
3. SC-QC30R2 programming cable (System Q) (From Q02 and up they also
have USB).
4. GX Configurator DP at least v4,0
5. GX IEC Developer = should be easy to integrate (GX Developer at least v7,0)

Dariusch

Hi Dariusch, are you certain that all Q series are compatiable. I can recall returning a Q series PLC because it wasn't compatible with the Profibus Module QJ71PB92D. If I can find out the exact module I returned I'll let you know. RPax