Profibus with CLX

hcath

Hi guys,

I am against the wall with a weird problem. CLX drives a series of Wago and SMC nodes thru Profibus, mostly digital I/O's. What happens is that periodically the outputs from nodes de-energize for a few seconds and then come right back on. At this time the PLC steadily sends ON request. It happens once every few hours without any particular pattern. All indications are that something happens in Profibus part. Has anyone had any similar stuff with Profibus? Would appreciate any advice

Hi guys,

I am against the wall with a weird problem. CLX drives a series of Wago and SMC nodes thru Profibus, mostly digital I/O's. What happens is that periodically the outputs from nodes de-energize for a few seconds and then come right back on. At this time the PLC steadily sends ON request. It happens once every few hours without any particular pattern. All indications are that something happens in Profibus part. Has anyone had any similar stuff with Profibus? Would appreciate any advice

Make sure the wago are held properly. Remove and fix back firmly. Does it happen with random mondules or same module. If same module try and replace

I had the same situation before, I have SST Scanner, wago modules, festo and smc penumatics then linear encoder.

the reason was loose wiring on the m12 connector (linear encoder) and also 1 time on festo module, the electronic chip (addressing) giving time to time error.