Proficy ME LD Editor error

DST1

I have just started using Proficy ME 6.0 and am running into a problem. While editing my ladder logic I keep getting an internal error that shuts down the software. This consistenly occurs when trying to place a vertical wire into the logic. Any ideas? Attached is a screen-shot of the error.

untitled.jpg

Actually I just posted that as an example of what is going on. I did notice that if I draw my lines with the mouse instead of dragging and dropping from the Toolchest the error doesn't occur.
You'll have to excuse me, this is my first day with PME and I don't know all the shortcuts yet.

Do you just have version 6.0, or have you also updated it with the latest SIM from GEIP? The newest one released is SIM 4. You will have to register for a SSO (single sign on) account, if you don't already have one, then you can download the SIM from http://support.gefanuc.com.

A couple of tips.
Read the getting started manual that came with the software.
For keyboard shortcuts, look for the topic "keyboard method to insert LD instructions" in the index.

Good Luck!

You appear to be missing something, my PME 6.0 SIM4 Logic Editor looks like this.

PME_Menus.jpg

Yeah, that doesn't look like what I have. I went to Help-->About but didn't see anything about the SIM version.

Yeah, that doesn't look like what I have. I went to Help-->About but didn't see anything about the SIM version.
If there is no mention of a SIM in this dialog box it indicates that there are no SIMs installed yet.

There is a KB entry about missing menu items at www.gefanuc.com/support or you may want to re-install PME, but that is rather time intensive.

Last edited:
Not that I know of, but I recommend mounting the install CD and do a "Repair" of your PME installation before you add SIM4.

Looks like I'll have to reinstall. While searching the install CD release notes, I found that the "Repair" function no longer exists in 6.0.
Did you customize your toolbars or is that how they come in 6.0? Is there a difference from standard to professional edition?

Too bad about the "Repair", thanks for letting me know, guess I should read those notes too.
The toolbars are not easily customized, so no, mine are stock, they can be turned on and off through the menu "View" which is missing in your installation, that is why I suggested to "repair" or "re-install". Also by using "Window > Themes" you can adjust what the desktop looks like, this too is not easily customized (yet, still hoping). There is no visible difference between Standard and Professional, that is part of the "learning curve" in this software, understanding what one can and cannot use.

Ok, I think I have everything I need now. Reinstalled PME and noticed toolbar changes. Installed SIM 4 and now seeing that in my Help menu.

Thanks for all the expert advise!