Program problems

Lights.rss program changed to AB-ETH-1

@Eroc21,
Try the attached program. It is from the downloads section. I don't know if this is the one you downloaded or not, you didn't say in your post. If this isn't what you needed, please state which program you need to have the AB-ETH-1 driver for. I or someone else can post the info on how you can change the comm drivers.

Thank you for the program. I downloaded it and everything seems fine, until counter
C5:2's DN bit goes true then my PLC goes crazy all the outputs come on and flicker super fast the PLC makes a crazy sound, so I shut it down. If you don't mind can you look at that particular run and see if you see any problems. I'm not seeing anything wrong, I just do not want to ruin my PLC. My PLC is a micrologix 1100 with 6 outputs. Thanks you.

Thank you for the program. I downloaded it and everything seems fine, until counter
C5:2's DN bit goes true then my PLC goes crazy all the outputs come on and flicker super fast the PLC makes a crazy sound, so I shut it down. If you don't mind can you look at that particular run and see if you see any problems. I'm not seeing anything wrong, I just do not want to ruin my PLC. My PLC is a micrologix 1100 with 6 outputs. Thanks you.
I'm sorry, the program example I downloaded and converted the driver for is for a SLC5/03 instead of a MicroLogix 1100. It works in my RS500 Emulate program, but, addresses are different, so, it won't work directly for the 1100. Maybe you can use it for a template with different addresses. You would also need to change the processor type. It might be easier to just use your program.

I converted it and changed all the outputs that are on my plc, the program is fine until it gets to that counter I mentioned above. Not sure how to resolve the situation

Timebases

In the SLC-500 and MicroLogix operating systems, you can select different timebases for the increments used by each Timer instruction.

In the SLC-5/01 through SLC-5/05 controllers, there were options for 1 second or 0.01 second timebases.

The MicroLogix 1100, 1200, 1400, and 1500 all have another option, for 0.001 second timebase.

The screenshot you posted initially showed a Timer set for a Timebase of 0.01 seconds, with a Preset of 10.

That means that the timer will count for 1/10 of a second, then turn on the /DN bit, which increments the sequencer by 1 step.

If you inadvertently set the Timebase for 0.001 second, then each step would only be 1/100 of a second instead of 1/10 of a second. That would take the speed from "very fast" to "what's going on !".

Last edited:
Attached is a copy of the original program with a handful of edits:

1. The Timebase is set for 0.001 seconds and the Preset is set for 500. That will advance the Sequencer every 1/2 second.

2. The SQO mask is set so that it only puts output data into the first six bits of the output table, which corresponds with the six discrete outputs of the MicroLogix 1100 controller.

3. The Selector bits are internal data bits from the B3 data file instead of physical inputs. Right-click and select "Toggle Bit" or open the B3 data file and simply place a 1 into B3:0/0 or B3:0/1.