Program Structure

Thank you Peter, your observations are appreciated, as always.

Would this make the code work any different? What are the advantages of doing it this way?

Is the code structure better this time round?

Peter, I’m off for the weekend, have a good one and don’t work too hard.

PeterW said:
The following declarations you made at the block call:

PositiveEdge :=
ValveCloseCommand :=
ValveOpenAction :=
ValveOpenFaultBit :=
ValveCloseFaultBit :=

Would be better defined internally as STAT declarations. They would then become part of the instance DB.

Ok great, I did some reading up and I understand, way couldn’t the bloody Germans just say so in the help file? This will help a lot to streamline the FB call, thanks.

If I place my ValveOpenAction (output to solenoid) in the STAT, how will I address it to the output of the PLC? In order to energize my solenoid?