programming plcs question on control function blocks

mortalo

Hi How are you all doing.

Im very confused about a program that im trying to
migrate from an old version plc to a new version (tsx p572623)
im using pl7 as the programmer.

I dont quite understand all the info about programming plcs. because im practically new at this.

So the main problem that im having its that in the old code, there is something like this:
START CTRL2; START CTRL4
supposedly to activate the fast and auxiliary tasks.

but when im trying to write it on the pl7, the programmer does not recognize these function blocks and i already tried writing it in all the possible ways to see whats the error but it always stays in red indicating that what im trying to write does not exist or that im writing it incorrectly.

so how can i activate these control function blocks in the correct way or do i even need to do this ???

Also there are these symbol on ladder logic : -|^|- and -|v|-
are those some kind of ascendent and descendent flank contacts ?
i think those symbols are the same as these -|p|- and -|R|- on pl7.

Any help would be apreciated.
thanks

Last edited: