Project S7300 CPU 315 DP

Jluis10

Hello.
I have a question regarding a PLC siemens with Profibus and drivers Brand rexroth (ECODRIVE03), would add an HMI brand siemens to the Profibus network, but not has GSD of ECODRIVE03 Drivers, I have not found it anywhere, I downloaded the PLC program s7300 my PG, but in the Hadware only get boxes with the direction, why not have the GSD of drivers, if to add the HMI project as well as this and reloading the PLC without the GSD of drivers, there will be a problem? or necessarily have to get the GSD of Drivers and load the PLC.
thank you for your repply.

The drive itself does not have profibus capability, you probably use an interface card for that (from a quick peek in the project planning manual, is some "DKC 03.3-***-7-FW")
You might find GSD files for that one

after another search I found this document which states "The GSD file is stored at installation of DriveTop in directory
"Indramat\ Device Data Sheets"."

good luck

Thank you for your reply, I need know is about this file (attach), I just found in "Indramat\ Device Data Sheets"." from Drive Top v16.3, others GSD but do not the "ECO310_2.GSD" according the picture attach.
I want rebuild this project, I need put an additional HMI, in the Profibus Network.
PS
This project is working right now, but I need do a little changes.
Can I put a New HMI, without the original GSD " ECO310_2.GSD" in the network Profibus.?
Regards.

DP.jpg

You need to have the right GSD file before make change and download new HW config to S7. Otherwise you will lose communication between S7 and Rexroth.

Thanks Coa , but if I only need put an HMI in the red network, I necessary change the HW and download again?.
Thanks

This is only one i came across. Maybe someone had renamed it?

ps. i think you should be able to put hmi without touching the hw config.

Last edited:
Thank you TurpoUrpo, I will try to put the HMI without touching the Hw, but before I will try with this GSD for Ecodrive and rename it.
best regards

Eco310_2.gsd rexroth profibus

Hello, I was installed this GSD file but only two devices is working with this GSD, others 5 devices is working still with ECO310_2.GSD, when I check the propetries with ECO3100D.GSD has 12 words I/O, and ECO310_2.GSD is with 14 words , then if all drivers are same.
There are 7 drivers, 2 is working with ECO3100D.GSD and other 5 is with ECO310_2.GSD, my question is if can I just rename this GSD file or I need find the right GSD file(ECO310_2.GSD, I do not found in anywhere).
thankyou for your repply
ps
there are some picture attach

IMG_2918.jpg IMG_2919.jpg IMG_2920.jpg IMG_2921.jpg

For correctness.

Weird0 said:
You can connect the HMI to the profibus network and modify Hard Ware configuration is not necessary.

TurboUrpo said:
ps. i think you should be able to put hmi without touching the hw config.

If you insert an HMI in an existing Profibus network with only 1 master and several slaves, then the HMI should be accounted for, not in the HW config of the S7 master CPU, but in NetPro.
This is important because the Profibus bus parameters should be recalculated to allow for the HMI panel.
If the bus parameters are not recalculated, the HMI panel may work, but will not have too much bandwidth to work with.

As a sidenote, today I recommend that you do not mix Profibus with "other" devices such as HMIs.
Reasons are: The Profibus update rate is adversely affected. Modifications to the bus cannot be done on a running system. Bus errors becomes more probable and will have greater negative effect.
You should connect HMIs via ethernet if possible.

If you insert an HMI in an existing Profibus network with only 1 master and several slaves, then the HMI should be accounted for, not in the HW config of the S7 master CPU, but in NetPro.
This is important because the Profibus bus parameters should be recalculated to allow for the HMI panel.
If the bus parameters are not recalculated, the HMI panel may work, but will not have too much bandwidth to work with.

As a sidenote, today I recommend that you do not mix Profibus with "other" devices such as HMIs.
Reasons are: The Profibus update rate is adversely affected. Modifications to the bus cannot be done on a running system. Bus errors becomes more probable and will have greater negative effect.
You should connect HMIs via ethernet if possible.

Thank you for your reply JesperMP, acording your information, I am decided put the new HMI in the MPI network, without touching the HW from profibus. is Working right now.
By the way I have a little trouble with config rexroth ecodriver, some one know how can I change the config to bus parameter in Ecodrive to PLC S7300, I need change the parameters to send from rexroth. The picture attach is the actual config in the bus parameters. I want change the speed(S-0-0040) to the torque(S0-0084), without touching all parameters from driver.
Thank you.

1.jpg

Just for correctness.
Profibus "bus parameters" are the "token target rotation time", "no of retries", and such that define how the profibus network functions.
What you describe is setup of the Rexroth drives own parameters.
Profibus bus parameters are decided by the master, not the slave.

I dont know Rexroth and I cannot see anything in the screenshot the texts are too small.