ProworxNXT 1x3x block help

Doug_Adam

In the Proworx NxT help file there is a reference to a function block titled "1X3X".

The purpose of this block it to allow values to be transferred to 1X and 3X input addresses from the code rather than as field inputs. In effect it is like a block transfer, only it transfers to the input registers. The idea behind this block is to allow the inputs to be modified by the code for testing of code.

This block would be one I would find useful.

My problem, is that I cannot find this block in my list of instructions. The only place I have found it is in the help file.
Has anyone used this block?
Is it restricted to only a few CPUs?
Is it a special add on?
How do I access it?

The help file has little information, and this is the only place I have found reference to this block.

Any information on this block would be helpful.

Thanks,

Doug

I've used it for simulating.

I believe you need to contact your local Schneider supplier, the Schneider sales engineer sent me my copy. Unfortunately I don't work for the same company anymore so don't have it to send you.

I think you can find what you are looking for on the Woodhead (formerly SST) website, in their PICS Simulation section. It doesn't work on newer Quantum PLC's though (or maybe just if you're not using ladder logic in Concept??)...I'm not really sure (I posted another question regarding not being able to write to the PLC input table on the Quantum). Here's the link to the section in the downloads area that has the RAnX function available as a download.
http://www.mysst.com/download/searchdownload.asp?Software=ON&RPP=30&PartNumber=&Product=PICS-WIN&byProduct=Go%21&Keywords=

Here's the description of it:

This patch is required when using PICS to connect to a Modicion PLC with a DDE Server over MODBUS or MODBUS PLUS. Because the DDE Servers cannot write to the input table of the Modicon PLC, the files contained in this patch can be used to copy data from 40000 registers to the input table. Please refer to the Technical Notes for information on how to use the files in this patch.

If you figure out how to get it working with newer Quantum PLCs, please let me know.
Thanks.

Last edited:
PeterW...you mention you used this block for simulation. Have you got it to work with newer Quantum processors and/or newer versions of Concept?
It doesn't seem to work for us anymore.

1X3X Loadable

Hi Guys,

It may be a little tardy and you've probably found a resolution by now but I'm using a Quantum PLC with a 1X3X loadable in Concept (2.6XL sr2). It's a software verification project on an IEC program. Schneider provided me with the loadable. The loadable allows a bit of LL984 to be used: a BLKM (n words 0X > 4X) followed by 1X3X (n words 4X > 1X).
It works well for digital inputs but doesn't work for analogs in 3X range.

Peter