Proximity switches

kapooski2012

I found a Turck proximity switch for my trainer, I just want to make sure its gonna work on my system. Such a device is a input right! And if my PLC input is for 120 ac a 10-30vdc proximity switch will not work on my trainer...Did I just answer my own question? Or is there a way I can still use it on my trainer?Suggestions, ideas
(PLC is AB micro 1000 awa32, also got a Telemecanique smart relay if it helps!)
thanks

I think you have answered your own Question.
120 Ac is an Unusual input voltage though - Measure that with a multi meter

Do you have 24vdc available??
You could wire up the prox switch to operate a 24vdc relay and use the relay contacts to give you a 120 volt input.

as Mendonsy hinted
wire the Prox to switch the coil of a relay (24Vdc)
wire a contact (normally Open) to your PLC Input (120 V AC)

Iant, 120vac is NOT an unusual input voltage in the US. Many companies haven't made the jump to 24VDC yet...

I use a lot of Turck prox switches. Mine are rated 24-200 vdc, or 30- 120 vac. If your input card will only accept dc, then go with that. And yes, any switch, any switching device is ONLY an input device.

Thank you all for the advice(and I do mean it). All the components used in the construction of my trainer I look up on the internet their facts before I even put voltage. Right now as I told a forum member that has given all kinds of stuff, I have a few 12vdc components that I would like to use, I do have a 12vdc power supply that I conjured up from an old 350 watt computer that I’m using but I would I rather use a DIN rail mountable at very very cheap price!