PTC Kepware/ Linkmaster bad vartype

Johnveloc

Hi,
Have anyone came across issue with Kepware or Linkmaster not returning correct values (Unknown Quality) for some tags From OPC DA Client?

Few of my values are read as bad quality, bad vartype, only value is not being read. For other tags from same opc it works correctly. Its local OPC so DCOMs are not the issue. Any idea how to fix it? Tags are read fine in Quick Client.

Hi,
Have anyone came across issue with Kepware or Linkmaster not returning correct values (Unknown Quality) for some tags From OPC DA Client?

Few of my values are read as bad quality, bad vartype, only value is not being read. For other tags from same opc it works correctly. Its local OPC so DCOMs are not the issue. Any idea how to fix it? Tags are read fine in Quick

What are you trying to read the values on, and what protocol.... modbus tcp? Generally if you can read them in quick client, there's an issue with the setup on the other device...

Thank you for replying- KepwareEX 6.xx newest version. We are trying to link SQL data, its from SCADA software via OPC DA. Tried OPC UA but it did not work with Kepware correctly. OPC Quick Client can read data with Native Type, which I believe is LLong. I will check back with protocol exactly later, but the data is from Windfarm so it may be one of the industry based protocols like the ones from Vestas.

Thank you for replying- KepwareEX 6.xx newest version. We are trying to link SQL data, its from SCADA software via OPC DA. Tried OPC UA but it did not work with Kepware correctly. OPC Quick Client can read data with Native Type, which I believe is LLong. I will check back with protocol exactly later, but the data is from Windfarm so it may be one of the industry based protocols like the ones from Vestas.

I've had this issue before but don't remember the fix. Seems like maybe It wasn't an LLong but a Double instead...... If I remember I'll let you know. I've always had better luck with Enterprise than EX. Especially when using it on panelviews.

Thank you. I tried all available data types I believe and did not succeed with that. I will see if I can reach out to Kepware with screenshots- maybe they can help me, because I need to get that going.