Purchased Studio 5000 and only goes to ver.20 Need version 16.Need to drill down more

Cydog

Good Evening ,

I purchased Studio 5000 Standard a few weeks ago . I know Studio goes down only has far has version 20. I need to go down to version 16 ( RS Logix ).
What do i need to do to find version 16 in the dropdown ? I found this Tech Note...... QA43280 Downloading previous version of RSLogix and Studio 5000 Software

I tried to enter my product code in the box shown but it will not accept it.
On Rockwell Automations website it looks like many versions are being retired .

Thanks so much for your help.

They recently started selling a legacy license for rslogix 5000. Unless that is a toolkit only thing, you probably need the legacy license

I bought Studio5000 at ver 26 and put my license on a USBDongle2.

I have had no problem using the one license from versions 14 up to v33, v34 isn't available to download for me.

I bought Studio5000 at ver 26 and put my license on a USBDongle2.

I have had no problem using the one license from versions 14 up to v33, v34 isn't available to download for me.

For us, the legacy license sprung up last year. It was a whole ordeal. I think currently, RSLogix is licensed separately from Studio5000.

For us, the legacy license sprung up last year. It was a whole ordeal. I think currently, RSLogix is licensed separately from Studio5000.
Yes, It is a separate license when we renew our OEM tool kit each year. They only charge $1 for the legacy license on the OEM tool kit LOL.

To date I am happy to says I have used the legacy licenses exactly 0 times.

Honestly I don't think I have ever opened anything older than V28 lololol.

We are on V32 for our machines, and the oldest I usually deal with at a plant for integration is V30

Studio only goes down to V21 anything V1 thru V20 is RS Logix 5000 and used to work with the same license key as studio but they split the license a couple of years ago and now you have to purchase a key for the one you need or a key for each. There is a part number to purchase for both.

Thanks for all your advice . I did get the legacy package. Went to install RS Logix 5000 Version 16.05 , and got the message "Installation Incomplete there were errors and some components not installed " . Install failed " RAid1081780_FTSR10 V 3.0.0.24.

Have you folks seen this before ? Thanks and have a great day.