PV comm cable

Problem...Downloading to terminal or connecting to PLC?

I'm a bit confused here...

You started out saying...

RickParrot said:
I have a PV600 (2711-T6C16L1) Ser B, Rev C, FRN 4.43 .

I successfully downloaded a PV program to it using a 2711-NC13 cable...

So you have already used the 2711-NC13 to successfully download an application to the terminal?

RickParrot said:
...However, that same cable isn't talking to my SLC 505. Do I need a DIFFERENT cable for that?...

So your problem question was that you can download to the terminal with this cable but not communicate from the terminal to the SLC with the same cable?

Then you start asking...

RickParrot said:
I am using the NC13 cable, and RS Linx sees the PV, but when I go to download, it says, "Error 1022 Target is not an Operator Terminal". For the Download I am using the PB32 File Transfer Type DF1 Point to Point--RSLinx AB_DF1-1.

Cant do the download...

So now your problem has changed mid thread to not being able to do a download to the terminal, of which you originally said you had already done successfully, with this cable?

What happened to you trying to connect to the SLC?

Have you one problem or two?

:unsure:

PV600 comm issues Part2

I don't blame you for being confused. A few days ago I DID download a PV program. I took the PV and the NC13 cable out to the PLC for installation. However, the PLC could not talk to the PV. I brought the PV back in the office to see if I programmed a comm error or something. I did notice that my nodes were off. I fixed the nodes on the PC and then went to download the new changes into the PV. I had already done it once, so I figured no problem. I have not been able to download to the PV since.

I hope this answers your honest questions!

Thanks for clarifying the situation!

Just to step through the checklist for this transfer...

1. Use a straight-through serial cable such as the 2711-NC13.
2. Connect the cable to the RS-232 DF1 Port and not the Printer Port.
3. Ensure there is no DF1 driver running in RSLinx Classic, or anything else using the computer's COM Port.
4. Open the application in PanelBuilder32 and proceed to File>Download.
5. For the Transfer Type select DF1 Point-to-Point -- <your DF1 driver> & OK.

For Step 3, make sure you stop the DF1 driver in RSLinx Classic before attempting to Download from PanelBuilder32, or close RSLinx Classic altogether.

For Step 5, make sure you are selecting the same DF1 driver as the one in RSLinx Classic under which you can see the terminal.
Alternatively, you can select RSLinx Network and browse to the terminal, as has been advised and as you have attempted already.

Step 3 is the most likeliest suspect here, or only unconfirmed Step thus far, and that is why I have highlighted it.

Regards,
George