PV+ & RSLinx Enterprise Problem

Dave Steer

Hi all
Hope some one can help me here. I am trying to set up commnunications between a SLC 5/03 using Ch0 DH485 Node 1 to a PV+ through its serial port. I have never used RSLinx Enterprise before and I'm struggling to understand what the Runtime shortcut should comprise of. If some one could give me a pointer to what drivers should be added and where they would appear in the tree. Or if anyone has any idea where on the very hard to find your way around knowledge database, I can find how it's setup for serial communications.

I am commnuicating with the PV through the Ethernet connection, but this is purely for programming the PV, this works fine by the way. I am also communicating with the SLC at the moment using another laptop with a PIC connected on the DH485 port.

Thanks in advance
Dave