Q. on Modbus w/ Phoenix Contact ILC PLC

FNC

Hi,

I am using Phoenix Contact ILC 191 PLC for the first time. It has a built-in Modbus Server which works well for integers but I cannot get it to work for floating points.

I want to change a float into 2 consecutive registers which can then read easily by any Modbus client.

Has anyone ever done this with Phoenix Contact PLCs?

Thanks.

FC

Converting Real to INT

Hi,

My problem is that I cannot figure out how to convert 12.3 into two integers.

When I try to convert 12.3 into DINT or DWORD I end up with 12.

With Rockwell there was the CPW command which did this exaclty. I am not sure if Phoenix Contact PLCs can do the same thing.

Hi,

I am using PC Worx for the first time.

I have tried REAL_TO_DINT and REAL_TO_DWORD. Neither gives me what I need.

Is there some other function block that I can use?

all the real_to functions will round to a whole number.

I am wondering what happens if you dump your REAL value into your register and set that register as DWORD datatype or a WORD with a length of 2 if that will solve it, it should push it out as a binary number

I haven't used pcworx much so just shooting in the dark trying to help