Quantum and Unity Pro instruction speeds

desk

HELP
I am trying to determine Unity Pro instruction times for a time critical aplication
I have a routine that loops 5000 times so I can determine how long one 1 iteration takes
On a Quantum 140CPU67160 processor the scan time is 140 milliseconds. But keeping the same program and changing the processor to the 'slower' 140CPU43412U, the scan time is faster at 90 milliseconds
From the specifications the 140CPU67160 is supposed to be twice as fast as the 140CPU43412U yet the real world test indicates that it is 70% slower
I realise that the 140CPU67160 is a Hot Standby unit, but there is no standby unit connected

Similar Topics

we are still running quantum plcs and proworx but because it wont run on any new computers we are starting to upgrade our systems to unity. the...
Replies
Views
As part of a comprehensive site survey, I have to mobilise to a remote site (offshore). I have also been asked to take a backup of their PLCs, so...
Replies
Views
Can someone please chime in, and either post a screen shot, or describe how to change the %S51 (BCD) hours and minutes to two separate words for...
Replies
Views
Anyone have experience using Unity Pro function block MUX command words to read serial data? We are upgrading from an Allen Bradley PLC 5/40 to a...
Replies
Views
hi all i have a problem with Modicon Quantum PLC i have hot standby CPU 140 CPU 671 60 , it was work perfectly while doing routine check for CPU...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom