Questing on Using Test Pulses and Input Status with Guard Logix.

Regis

G'day all!

The question I have is this...

I'm using an AB 1756-L62S Guard Logix Controller. I am NOT pulse testing my devices. What I want to know is, if I set a 1791DS-IB12/A module to Input Status: Pt. Status, without pulse testing the Input Data, will I actually detect any status changes for those input points? Will they simply always read Normal(OK): 1?

I don't have a question about setting up the Point Status monitoring. But I don't want to go through the time of doing so, if I will never read a change in status because I'm not using Test Pulses.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Reeg

Similar Topics

I've gotten to the learning curve where I can program a call for pump to come on at set point but I'm not sure how to turn the same pump off when...
Replies
Views
does anyone have any insight on how to request specific data from an ATEQ Premier F leak test unit using a PLC? I have the ATEQ hooked up to the a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all, Hope you guys are well today. I am looking for a DWG file which includes many common and even special types of electrical...
Replies
Views
I have configured ControlLogix HART card but it's my first time working with compact logix HART card. Unlike ControlLogix card, in compact logix...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, This is my first time that I work with robots (at least with STYLE mode) I know that there are different ways to control a robot...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom